I love making these little “snowmen,” they are super easy take less than five minutes to create. I like to make them when I will be using the hot glue for a while because they distract my four-year-old. Distracting the four-year-old is good for productivity, If you are a crafter and a mother I am sure you understand what I am talking about!
I got the googly eyes, and the pom-pom thingies at Wal*Mart for less than $5 each. The ribbon was less than $3 also at Wal*Mart. The cardboard was recycled from the box our rat cage came in.
- Cut out a square inch of cardboard, this will be the stand. Decorate it however you like.
- Glue a large ball to the square.
- Take the smaller ball, the head, and glue the eyes and a tiny ball (nose) on the front of one side.
- Glue the small ball to the large ball. (The head to the body.)
- Tie a ribbon around the middle like a scarf.
That is just the standard one I make, sometimes I put three tiny balls down the front of one for like coat buttons. You can add as many balls in the middle to make it as tall as you want, also I make mine without arms. Usually that is just a time thing, though if you want to make arms you could take some pipe-cleaner and make them how you want them to look. I often put noses on them as well.
If you make these and would like to share, please feel free to comment below with a link. If you follow me, I’ll follow you back!